I got this recipe online and don’t know the correct name for it, but it tastes good…almost like a bread pudding so really not sure if you can call it a cake. It may be different for you if you use a cake mix in the US. I couldn’t find a yellow cake mix here so I used 2 packages victoria spounge cake mix.
However, it’s great warm and cold. Warm it was like a bread pudding, cold the pumpkin formed a pumpkin pie like layer with the cake part on top. It tastes great both ways.
Preheat oven 350 degrees F (190 degrees C)
Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish by lining it with tin foil (no idea why, so just do it.)
1. Mix together the following ingredients, once mixed together pour into casserole dish:
1 15oz can pumpkin
1 12oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 cups sugar
2. Top with yellow cake mix (not pudding kind), you want it dry mix only do not make cake to directions. After topping the pumpkin, pat the cake mix down.
3. Top with 1 cup chopped nuts of choice (I used pecans).
4. Pour melted butter over top (2 sticks, which would be 1 cup).
5. Put in oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.