I am just home from a great holiday week with friends…we went to a cottage in Northumberland where we visited Hadrian’s Wall (parts of it), several castles, and lighthouses.
(This soup serves 2…it’s easy to increase)
2 carrots, chopped evening
2 TB olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 inch piece of finely grated ginger
zest and juice of 1/2 of an orange
500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
handful of chopped coriander, stalks and all
Salt and Pepper to taste
1.Cook onions in oil until soft.
2. Add garlic, ginger, coriander, orange zest. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add carrots (cook for 1 minute or so).
4. Add stock, bring to a boil.
5. Turn down to simmer and cook until carrots are very tender.
6. Blend soup with a hand blender (if you don’t have one, you should really consider it!)
7. Add orange juice, salt and pepper (as needed), blend again.
9. Optional…serve with chopped coriander on top (and/or thinned out creme fraiche)
Serve and enjoy!